CS
Posted By
Caleb_Schultz
Mar 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I do illustrative site plans for an architecture firm. I frequently use the magic wand to create selections in pdf’s created from a CAD system. I usually import them as a smart object so that they may be updated regularly as design changes are made. However, in CS4, I am finding it very difficult for the magic wand to make selections in between lines of a pdf. No matter what I set the tolerance at, it seems to select more than the area that I am trying to select. I recently installed all updates and it worked for one day and then returned to making incorrect selections. I need some help or advice.

Thanks,
Caleb Schultz

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John Joslin
Mar 3, 2009
Set your Eyedropper tool sample size to "Point Sample" and Sample to "Current Layer) (in the Options bar) to see if that helps.

Also zoom right in to the gap between the lines before clicking with the Magic Wand.
CS
Caleb_Schultz
Mar 3, 2009
After I posted this I figured out the problem, and it is just as Josh suggests. Apparently, the magic wand and eye dropper are directly linked to the sample size of the eye dropper. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Caleb

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections