Useless layer thumbnails in CS4

Posted By
Mar 1, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In previous versions of Photoshop it was possible to recognize adjustment layers by their thumbnails, in CS4 that has been removed except for gradients, patterns and solid color.

I find that a wrong move. Thumbnails are handy, they allow you to quickly see where you’ve used your different adj. layers (useful if you’ve a big fan of non-destructive editign like me). The only thing that is left is the names, but

a) names don’t view as fast as icons
b) it basically limits you of using names, because once you do, you have no clue what the layer is unless you click on it

Why oh why remove the different icons and turn it one and the same??

Don’t tell me that there is no setting that can fix this….sigh

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DS
Dennis_S
Mar 1, 2009

M.

I just checked on my version of CS4 (Windows XP) and the icons on the adjustment layers are all different. In fact, they are the same icons as shown on the new adjustments panel (Histogram for levels, V for Vibrance, etc.).

There have been some weird panel/icon things reported lately that appear to be related to plug-ins (Nik products, for example). You might want to look through some of those threads.
Mar 1, 2009
Ignore previous message, Adobe thought it was fun to change some default and annoy the heck out of me.
Mar 1, 2009
Layer Panel Options/Thumbnail size –> none

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections