GM
Posted By
gustave_matir
Feb 28, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Well first hi to everyone ><, let me tell you my story… Last time i used photoshop was February 24, everything was alright, i had no problems at all.

Now on February 26 i run it and it didn’t start at all… i clicked and nothing happen… so i opened task manager and i went looking for photoshop.exe in processes… closed it, open it again, waited for a while… and the memory that the process required kept going up… so i left it waiting for while, and showed me the splash screen but took quite a while, so i closed it. After that i uninstalled the program about 2 times, made a deep virus scan and nothing worked… i tried opening as administrator, and as 2003 windows, no results, now while the time i made my account, and writed this… finally photoshop started, but it is still extremelly slow… so here i am… asking, begging, crying for help >< now everything in my computer is normal, i can run other adobe applications just not this one… this runs but it takes a LOOOONG time processing, i checked priority and nothing.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Feb 28, 2009
Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences? If not look at <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f>
The preferences will stay on your computer when you uninstall PS so a re-install will not fix a problem caused by a faulty preferences file.

Geoff
GM
gustave_matir
Feb 28, 2009
:/ didn’t work…
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 28, 2009
Can you tell us exactly how you reset the preferences?
GM
gustave_matir
Feb 28, 2009
deleting this file, %windir%\Documents and Settings\~username\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\[version #]\Adobe Photoshop [version #] Settings

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections