V
Posted By
vlambros
Feb 27, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have cs3 extended. Is there a tool ( i can’t find one) that will allow you to make a selection and then calculate the pixel area of the selection? For measuring areas in a scientific application.

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
pfigen
Feb 27, 2009
The Info Palette will certainly give you the pixel dimensions of your selection. Calculating the area should be easy from there. Just Ctl-click in your ruler area to change the measurement to pixels and open your Info Palette.
V
vlambros
Feb 27, 2009
thanks. Pixel dimensions are easy in a rectilinear format. I meant surface area of an irregular shape. Like what would be the surface are of an amoeba or ameobiform selection? in square pixels?

VL
V
vlambros
Feb 27, 2009
thanks. Pixel dimensions are easy in a rectilinear format. I meant surface area of an irregular shape. Like what would be the surface are of an amoeba or ameobiform selection? in square pixels?

VL
P
pfigen
Feb 27, 2009
In that case you can use the Histogram which will calculate the number of pixels within the selection. Will that do it for you?
P
Phosphor
Feb 27, 2009
Does this screen shot give you enough to go on?
P
Phosphor
Feb 27, 2009
Sure, Peter…go for the text description!

😉 XD
P
pfigen
Feb 27, 2009
See, that damned Histogram is finally good for something. Who’d a thunk.
V
vlambros
Feb 27, 2009
I am having trouble posting on this forum, but thank you. The histogram works brilliantly/

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections