IZ
Posted By
Isa_Z
Feb 23, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
this is a 10 year old eps file. we used it to make vinyl cutout stickers.

after opening in PS7, it’s just black squares, without all the cutouts in each square.

when opened in notepad, these are the 1st 2 lines…
%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0
%%Creator:ScanVec CASmate(TM) 1.20

been searching the forum for an hour, no luck yet.
thanks for any discussion on this.
peace
iz

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bob Levine
Feb 23, 2009
Why are you opening it in Photoshop? Illustrator would be a better choice.

Bob
IZ
Isa_Z
Feb 23, 2009
don’t have illustrator, never used it before.
IZ
Isa_Z
Feb 23, 2009
still googling, looks like i need AI. rats. don’t need this stuff vectorized for cutting out this time. i plan to export jpg’s for poster printing. so if i can at least open the file with the vectors visible, i could still work with and save as a psd. but to get those vectors, i gotta have AI? bummer. thanks
BL
Bob Levine
Feb 23, 2009
Email me the file and I’ll get it into a raster format for you. Click my name, go to my website and you’ll find contact info there.

Bob
IZ
Isa_Z
Feb 24, 2009
turns out my artwork is black on black, that’s why i just see solid black squares. thanks rl. still need ai to clean up the ‘mess’.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections