JC
Posted By
Joseph_Cummings
Feb 13, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Installed CS4 Production Premium about a month ago. Recently went to File–Automate–PDF Presentation and it is missing. Should have read the forums before I got CS4! So I confidently went back to Photoshop C3 Extended and started to do a series of PDF Presentation document builds. My one page "documents" went fine. Had two multi-page documents. Go thru the menus ok and even see the page by page presentation during the document build and then no error. Come to find out, all the multi-page files have the proper "name.pdf" but have a file size of zero. Now this never happened prior to installing CS4.
Q1. Did the installation of CS4 actually remove function from the installed Photoshop CS3? Q2. What happened to all the Photoshop CS3 plug-ins? Don’t see any way to get a listing in CS4. Maybe I missed it but was all the function removal from CS3 with CS4 ever described in the "What’s New in CS4" documentation?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Feb 13, 2009
What happened to all the Photoshop CS3 plug-ins? Don’t see any way to get a listing in CS4

As discussed many times: Several features have been moved to Bridge, others are still available via an optional install from your content disc.

Did the installation of CS4 actually remove function from the >installed Photoshop CS3?

No, but it may have updated the globally shared PDF libraries so they are no longer compatible with what the particular script/ tool expects.

Mylenium

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections