RH
Posted By
Rob_Harris
Feb 9, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
ScriptingListenerJS.log and ScriptingListenerVB.log is put on the desktop for every file I work on. It’s driving me nuts deleting these. I have tried some of the methods to turn this thing off, none are working. I am going crazy now and need some help in this matter. Thank you!

Rob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GD
george_dingwall
Feb 9, 2009
Script listener is plugin that records most events in photoshop so that you can use that info when constructing scripts.

If you do not want this to start, simply move it from your plugins folder. It’s exact location will depend on where you put it. On my CS3 system it’s in Plugins/Automate
RH
Rob_Harris
Feb 9, 2009
I’ll check it out at that location, using cs4
RH
Rob_Harris
Feb 9, 2009
Nope not in there. Still outputting to my desktop…arrrrghghhhh
P
Phosphor
Feb 9, 2009
This has been a little thorn in my side, as well.

I wish I could tell the plugin where to put the "ScriptingListenerJS.log" file.
GD
george_dingwall
Feb 9, 2009
Search your computer for this file.

ScriptListener.8li

Move it out of the plugins folder or simply put a tilde ( ~ ) character in front of the name to disable it. You will no longer get the log files written to your desktop.

I think you can specify where the plugin puts the log files, but I seem to remember that you have to edit the plugin in hexadecimal or binary or something like that. I just turn it on and off with the tilde as I need it, and then delete the desktop log files when I finish my session.
P
Phosphor
Feb 9, 2009
Heya, George…

I was just looking at the code for the filter (built in Metrowerks Code Warrior, as far as I can tell). I’d have no idea how to edit that stuff.

The location for the log file should be easily user-specifiable.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections