JP
Posted By
john_passaneau
Feb 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a problem with CS4 not finding my printer. The problem is when I go to print or page setup, I get an error message that I must have a printer attached before you can print.
Well CS3 can see the printer, lighroom can see the printer and so can every other program. So I trash the pref’s and it still doesn’t work. I trashed then 3 time so far and no go. I guess its magical thinking that if it doesn’t work keep trying it. Is there something I’m missing or is a re-install the next step. I’ve had photoshop 6, CS, CS2, CS3, and now CS4. I’ve spent more of my limited time fighting to get CS4 to work and keep working than I’ve spent on all the other versions together. It’s very disappointing. So in the interest of full discloser I have:
XP service pack 3
3.8ghz Pentium 4
4gigs memory
Epson R1900 printer

Getting real tired….

John Passaneau

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JP
john_passaneau
Feb 3, 2009
More information!
I have found that it just the PSD’s that I saved on this computer at one time, about 15 pictures that cause CS4 to lose the printers. If I load a JPG, or a TIF it works fine. If I load a PSD that I made before or after the offending ones they work. If I load the offending PSD into CS3 it works fine in CS3. If I save the file as a PSD with a new file name in CS3 then it works fine in CS4. I’m dumbfounded…… Anyone have a clue what may have happened. I’ve opened, closed and saved these files with CS4 many times and printed them many times before. This is new behavior.
And no I have not added or changed any software of any kind other than a print driver for the R1900. Any ideas?
One that comes to mind is to open them in CS3, save them and go on from there in CS4.

John Passaneau

PS the prints from CS3 and CS4 look the same to me,color, brightness, contrast and sharpness are the same. I would have be surprised if that was not true.
DE
David_E_Crawford
Feb 3, 2009
Interesting

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections