EC
Posted By
Ellen_Cocose
Feb 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here’s another backup question, has anybody used online storage? Does anybody know of any good companies to use, I’m looking for 400GB for myself, and 400GB for my husband. Is this feasable, does it cost a fortune, and what about security, people having access to my data?
Thanks in advance,
Ellen

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 2, 2009
Ellen,

I used it a short while, but it didn’t work for me. Although it is a good idea, off line storage, I found that it’s much better done myself.

First, I have ADSL, currently 20 Mbit/s downstream, 3 Mbit up. It’ very tedious this way to do the "dailies" the slow route, while having the fast route only in case of a restore.

It doesn’t beat my old (and current) back-up system: 1.5 terabyte on site (my studio), 1.5 terabite offsite (my home) and the equivalent in a DVD suitcase at another house.

The best backup, however, is the Internet. Make an image public and it will be impossible to erase it.

Rob
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2009
keep your eyes on google in the next few weeks…
GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Feb 3, 2009
Look at the date on that link – March 4th 2006. Still no sign of G drive yet! Geoff.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2009
sorry grabbed an old one…

Internet abuzz with Google GDrive rumors

< http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewA rticleBasic&articleId=9127200>

February 2, 2009 (Computerworld)

better?

jeez you’d think people would be able to do their own searches in this millennium!!! 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2009
In an e-mail to Computerworld, a Google spokesman said, "We don’t have anything to announce right now."

that means something’s coming!!! fur shur! 🙂
EC
Ellen_Cocose
Feb 6, 2009
Well, I guess I’ll stick with the external HD backup system for now. Thanks for the input.

Ellen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections