RT
Posted By
Robert_Tansky
Feb 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In x86 (32 bit) Photoshop under Image> Adjustments I can see the variations command, but not in x64 (64 bit) I’ve tried reinstalling but no dice… any ideas?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
John Joslin
Feb 2, 2009
Like a lot of the beginners helpers I think it’s on the way out (since there are better ways available) and they didn’t do the 64-bit code.

They have improved the simple "Auto" adjustments, so this rather dubious feature is redundant.
CH
CR_Henderson
Feb 2, 2009
The command Image->Adjustments->Variations is there in both the x64 and x32 bit versions of PS CS4 on my PC. OS is Vista Ultimate 64.

Have you tried resetting your presets–reinstalling doesn’t change the presets.
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 2, 2009
It’s gone on mine. Good riddance!
RT
Robert_Tansky
Feb 2, 2009
I deleted the preferences file in the appdata roaming adobe folder but it’s still not there, is there a different way to reset preferences?
CH
CR_Henderson
Feb 2, 2009
Adobe thinks the variations command is in PS CS4, too, so I would assume it should be. Don’t know why it wouldn’t be in yours.

< http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/11.0/WSfd1234e1c4b69f3 0ea53e41001031ab64-7646a.html>

Robert Tansky:I deleted the preferences file in the appdata roaming adobe folder but it’s still not there, is there a different way to reset preferences?

It is in the FAQ:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee747eb>

but to reset the settings file you press Cntl-Shift-Alt keys immediately after double clicking on the Photoshop CS4 icon to start the program. You should get a dialog box asking if you wish to delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File.

However, to use Variations you need to be in 8-bit color mode and can’t be in Lab or Indexed Color mode. If it is missing it could be because the plug-in wasn’t installed for some reason. In the x64 bit version under Vista x64 it should be in the folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Locales\en_US\Additional Plug-Ins\Win\Filters. The 32-bit version should be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Locales\en_US\Additional Plug-Ins\Win\Filters.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections