TB
Posted By
t_brian
Feb 1, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All of a sudden, my crop tool doesnt function correctly. I used to drag it down and across, giving me complete control of the area to crop. When I released the mouse, it left me with the area to crop with drag points so I could ‘bump’ tiny adjustments. Now when I drag it straight down I get no vertical axis at all. Then if I move it horizontally, I get the vertical I dragged it to but to get the horizontal I need, I have to drag it diagonally but I end up with way too much vertical. When I release, there are no drag points for up/down/left/right, only points at the corners to drag horizontally. What the heck happened and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Feb 1, 2009
Look at the Options Bar.

There are probably values showing in the width and height fields.

Even if there are not, click on the "Clear" button.

That should fix it.
TB
t_brian
Feb 1, 2009
With the crop tool selected, there is a small drop down above the tool panel with the crop icon. The choices include other tool settings, and 5 for crop-4×6, 5×3, 5×4, 5×7 and 8×10. None of them make a difference, it acts the same way.

I see no "clear" button. On the right of the drop down, there are 2 small buttons, a round R pointing arrow and a square. I didnt use them til after I tried the different crop area choices. When I clicked the square, I got a "tool preset" pop up with that choice in it (like 5×7). When I used the arrow it gave me a long drop down, I chose "reset tool". That did it! And when I used the square again, the pop up says "crop tool 1"

Excellent, Thank you!
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 1, 2009
If you see no "Clear " button the Options bar may be turned off.
TB
t_brian
Feb 1, 2009
Under "window" I have "options" checked. Where abouts would I see the "options" bar?
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 1, 2009
The Options Bar is above the image area, it should have a "Clear" button when the Crop Tool is the active tool. It’s the item most to the right hand side.

Rob
TB
t_brian
Feb 1, 2009
Duh! I was looking right at it. How lame.

You guys are great, this forum is probably one of the most responsive of the ones I have used. Thanks.
P
Phosphor
Feb 1, 2009
Keep that "Reset Tool" trick in the back of your mind.

It’s one of the first steps in troubleshooting. There’s even an entry in the FAQ section here about it:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>
(Scroll down to the last reply, and make sure you also look at the attached image.)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections