CS4- No thumbnail preview, hard to look my file.

MF
Posted By
Mohd_Fauzi
Jan 30, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wonder why there’s no thumbnail preview in CS4?

I’m using Vista and when I switch to view as thumbnails, the psd file seems showing [ps] icons.

These gives problem when I want to search any older psd files I did last month or beyond. I must open all those files one by one just for looking a file. It wastin my time…

When saving the file; there’s a ‘thumbnail’ check box, but what it means?

Is there any solution so I will have the thumbnails preview for psd files? I like the item pictures appear automatically without any procedure when saving any psd.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Jan 30, 2009
Use Bridge.
CY
curt_young
Jan 30, 2009
As I understand it because of design spat Windows will not read PSD files.
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 30, 2009
No, Windows will not readdisplay PSD filesthumbnails.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 30, 2009
it’s an illusion. adobe displays the thumbnails. microsoft blanks them back out using quantum negation before the photons reach your retinas. stoopid microsoft. be less evil!
MF
Mohd_Fauzi
Jan 31, 2009

[Use Bridge.]

Thanks for de advice but can you please tell me how b’coz I’m not really sure about this…

[No, Windows will not readdisplay PSD filesthumbnails.]

[it’s an illusion. adobe displays the thumbnails. microsoft blanks them back out using quantum negation before the photons reach your retinas. stoopid microsoft. be less evil!]

Oo dear… 🙁

I’m don’t really know about this Vista but XP has no problem with psd files, I mean Photoshop 5.5 & 7.0. Perhaps I must look for the answer back to my old pc…
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 31, 2009
Oo dear…

🙂 sorry! i didn’t mean to upset you! 🙂

search the forum for psicon.dll and you’ll get the answer to your delima.

adobe removed the psd icon handler after version 7 because of a conflict with windows explorer. if you use bridge for browsing your images, you’ll see thumbnails of psds.

searching the threads for that file name, there are some instructions for it’s continued use after version 7 (if you own 7, that is) and how to set it up, but be warned, it was removed by adobe because the conflict can cause you to lose your file.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 31, 2009
but be warned, it was removed by adobe because the conflict can cause you to lose your file.

so, just to be clear, john’s answer – use bridge – is really the safest and best.
MF
Mohd_Fauzi
Jan 31, 2009
Thanksalot 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 31, 2009
yourwelcome. 🙂
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Feb 3, 2009
The poster has Photoshop 5.5 and 7, neither of which has Bridge, which first came to light in Photoshop CS2. Instead, the poster should use File Browser, the predecessor to Bridge.
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 3, 2009
Ahem! Read the topic title again Michael!
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2009
you wanna smack yourself in the forehead, or you want i should do it… 🙂
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Feb 5, 2009
You got me John and Dave!
P
PECourtejoie
Feb 6, 2009
There is a Bride icon in the option bar.
Or Bridge can be reached from the start menu.
R
rakeshb03
Feb 27, 2009
Though there is a solution that have worked for Adobe cs3 on windows xp not sure whether it will work for you or not. but you can give it a try Visit the following link to find the solution

< http://advancetechnology.today.com/2008/11/13/thumbnail-view -of-photoshop-cs3-files-in-windows-explorer/>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections