CM
Posted By
Carl_Mihalek
Jan 28, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I´ve been trying to install PS CS4 into a vista x64 OS. I previously had the Master Collection trial installed and thought it was giving me problems so I uninstalled it – Deactivated, uninstall, reboot. I then downloaded the CS4 trial. Everything seemed to go fine but when I open the app…. I get "Licensing for this product has expired" When I set the date back to Jan 1, 2009 it opens fine. What monster is loose in my OS? My concern here is if I decide to purchase, where will I enter the serial number for activation? There doesn´t seem to be a place to enter it when the program does open up (Jan 1). I´ve exhausted myself on this. I even went back to a complete system backup prior to installation of the Master Collection to repeat the entire uninstall procedure. Does anyone have a solution?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BL
Bob Levine
Jan 28, 2009
You already ran a CS4 demo that included Photoshop…you cannot do it again without completely reformatting the machine.

I have no idea what havoc you’ve caused by resetting the system clock.

Bob
CM
Carl_Mihalek
Jan 28, 2009
Please, PLEASE, tell me that´s not the case!!! Is there ANYTHING else I can do? That severly peeves me off. I don´t plan on using PS every day… and I havn´t/didn´t had/have the opportunity to thourougly test it. One should be fore-warned that this is a potential issue. Why didn´t Adobe just make the File Save and/or the Print commands dissappear after 30 or 45 days. My time is valuable and spending 8+ hours on an OS reinstall is not my way of being productive ESPECIALLY if I decide not to purchase!!! This just sucks Adobe!! Maybe…. just give it away for free. How much more can you improve it anyway? Right now, it´s impossible for me to find out!
BL
Bob Levine
Jan 28, 2009
Settle down…I was only referring to the affect it would have on Adobe CS4 applications.

Bottom line is if you want Photoshop CS4 to run on that machine you’re going to have to buy it.

Bob
CM
Carl_Mihalek
Jan 28, 2009
Well at this juncture, I doubt I´ll be purchasing it. Besides, if I dis choose to purchase, is it going to install without having to have the OS reloaded? Perhaps you know someone that has Corel for sale?
P
Phosphor
Jan 28, 2009
Corel what, exactly?

That’s like asking to buy a copy of Adobe. It makes no sense.

If you mean one of the applications that the Corel company sells…you might want to check their website.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jan 28, 2009
Carl,

Nobody here promised you that only the Save As, or the print options would be disabled after the trial ended.

Why did you "not plan to use it every day", and then get all excited when it runs out of trial as clearly stated all over.

Rob
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 29, 2009
that’s actually a dang good idea. they used to have an unlimited trial with the save, print and copy commands disabled. then with v7 they went to 30 days full function.

imo, best of both worlds would be 30 days full then disable save, print, copy.

that’s the reason i didn’t buy golive several years back. i didn’t have time to eval it before getting sidetracked onto a project, then by the time i got back, it was expired.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 29, 2009
or even how about 2 trials. one full function for 30 days. one unlimited, but you can’t save, print or copy out of the app…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections