Re Selecting Type and Multiple Selections – How To?

R
Posted By
rjlasky
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS on Win XP.

I am making DVD Labels. I have some existing text and I want to add a line of additional text to the original. When I go to the text tool I cant easily insert text into the same layer, It always wants to create a new layer on top of my original text. How do I add text to my original text? In other programs you choose text tool, insert cursor and type away – or drag highlight the text and type.

Also,

I have a 2 label DVD template – I create the elements for the top label and I want to select them all, copy them, and drag them down to the second label below. PS CS is only allowing me to select one element at a time. Im trying to do shift-select on a number of items but I cant get multiple selections or copy them – copy is grayed out.

What steps can I use to insert text and do multiple element selects and copy’s?

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
john
Jun 2, 2004
In article ,
(Ray) wrote:

I have Photoshop CS on Win XP.

I am making DVD Labels. I have some existing text and I want to add a line of additional text to the original. When I go to the text tool I cant easily insert text into the same layer, It always wants to create a new layer on top of my original text. How do I add text to my original text? In other programs you choose text tool, insert cursor and type away – or drag highlight the text and type.

Is your text layer by chance rasterized? In any event, just add the extra layer. It doesn’t hurt anything.
AM
Andrew Morton
Jun 2, 2004

1) Double-click the T icon for the relevant layer in the layers window. The text
tool will be automatically selected for the duration of the edit.

2) I think you’re looking for layer sets.

Andrew

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections