RV
Posted By
Randy_Van_Cleave
Jan 27, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am converting tiff files to jpeg using the Automate then Batch Actions. I select my source folder and Destination folder. The program converts and send the jpegs to the Destination folder but it is also sending a copy of every jpeg to my DESKTOP. Nothing in my Destination folder shows the desktop as a destination. I set up a destination file on my e drive and it still sends the photos to the desktop.

any suggestions I am using CS2 Photoshop.

Thanks
Randy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GJ
Geoff J
Jan 28, 2009
wrote in message
I am converting tiff files to jpeg using the Automate then Batch Actions. I select my source folder and Destination folder. The program converts and send the jpegs to the Destination folder but it is also sending a copy of every jpeg to my DESKTOP. Nothing in my Destination folder shows the desktop as a destination. I set up a destination file on my e drive and it still sends the photos to the desktop.

any suggestions I am using CS2 Photoshop.

Thanks
Randy

Are you using an action in the batch? Check if the action contains "save to desktop"

Geoff J.
GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Jan 28, 2009
If you are using an action in the batch check if the action contains "save to desktop" Geoff.
DR
Danny_Raphael
Jan 29, 2009
When you created your action you probably recorded a File > Save as… (.jpg) commanfd and specified Desktop for the test file, as Geoff noted.

When you engage the Batch dialog, specify the Destination folder AND as unintuitive as it sounds turn on option "(x) Override action ‘save as’ commands." That should get you over the hump.
RV
Randy_Van_Cleave
Jan 30, 2009
Thank you for the responses. ya’ll were correct. I had problems with photoshop and had to reset to defaults and of course it erased all my previous settings and I did not realize that.

Thank you! Randy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections