Posted By
Andrew_M_Watson
Jan 24, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone been able to successfully import a collada Model containing textures into Photoshop CS4? I’ve been trying to open collada models from google’s 3D warehouse, and when I open them, I don’t see anything. It’s clear that Photoshop creates a 3D layer, but you don’t see anything by default.

When I play around with the imported layer, it’s clear that some of the 3D information is there. If I set the render mode to box, wireframe, or any of the settings that don’t deal with textures, I can actually see something a rudimentary version of the model.

I actually tested importing a collada model in CS3 Extended at work, and it imported fine, showing the textures and everything. When using CS4, I get the problem described above.

I’ve actually seen this issue both on Mac and PC versions of CS4. Does anyone know if this is, in fact a bug, and if so, is there a workaround?

Thanks!

-Andrew

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SG
steve_guilhamet
Mar 13, 2009
Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the late reply on this. You are indeed likely seeing a known limitation importing Collada files with CS4. The workaround is to go to the Materials section of the 3D panel and check the Opacity settings; move them from 0% to see the model.

regards,
steve
Q
Qbs
Mar 26, 2009
On Mar 13, 10:31 pm, wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the late reply on this. You are indeed likely seeing a known limitation importing Collada files with CS4. The workaround is to go to the Materials section of the 3D panel and check the Opacity settings; move them from 0% to see the model.

regards,
steve

I’m having the same problem and you’re workaround did not work. I’ve tried setting the opacity of each and everyone material to 100%, 0% and so on and nothing works…

I’m using mac os 10.5, photoshop cs4 extended
D
danilovando
Apr 8, 2009
Hi, what I’ve done is importing the collada file to C4D set all the materials to 0% transparency and exporting back the file to collada, It works.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections