T
Posted By
thartsf
Jan 23, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First off I am fairly new to the graphic design world. I have an opportinity to design a logo for a company and eventually make a basic web site.

So far I have created the Logo in which the owner is pleased with the outcome. This person wants to get the Logo professionally printed for letterheads and business cards.

The problem is that the Logo is in color and the company printing the leader heads and business cards wants the color separated art in illistrator or photoshop format.

I worked on this project using both illistrator and photoshop CS3. The final piece is in .psd format, with using Dark Grey, Black (For font), Green, and Blue. Is the black font considered a color when separating it? So in this case it would be 4 separated colors?

I have printed digital photo’s a couple years ago in college… but this seems to confuse me.

In the first place I thought that the medium was just going to be the computer monitor (web site) so the art work is done RGB mode. Everywhere on here I read about RBG and CMYK.. and that if the work is to be printed out it should be in CMYK mode.

The owner is getting this Logo printed out with a printing company, to do that the particular company has asked me to put the Logo in color separated art in Illistrator or Photoshop format.

I have no Idea what to do. I did two things. First I have done is change the mode, in photoshop, from RBG mode to CMKY mode… but I read somewhere is depletes the deepness in the colors, or something like that.
The funny part is when I printed the Logo out oin my cheap Inkjet printer, One in RGB mode and the other in CMKY mode they looked the same.

The other thing I did was record the CMYK values in the info panel in a text document- located on the top right screen in photoshop.

An example is this:

Green for the trees
C:63%
M:43%
Y:78%
K:29%

Blue for the water.
C:63%
M:31%
Y:15%
K:0%

Black EIS
C:75%
M:68%
Y:67%
K:90%

Gray Mountain Outline (Dark)
C:43%
M:35%
Y:35%
K:1%

Honestly I don’t know what the printing place wants is what am saying. Do I give them these file such as the text document and the photoshop file? Is there an example on how to color separate art in photoshop?

Thanks for no luaghing at this newbie.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections