Problems reinstalling after system restore.

SM
Posted By
Sarah_Modisette
Jan 23, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey. I tried to address this with the Adobe helpdesk, but I couldn’t get through the process. The system seems to be under the impression I don’t own an adobe product.

Anyway, I’ve been having some problems recently with cs3. I bought it about one year ago, and after some initial snafus, it worked like a dream.

Recently, though, a virus got into my computer and I had to do a system restore. I set it up so that all of my programs and preferences would be left alone. After all of this was over, I tried to start cs3, and it wouldn’t start. I just got the generic ‘(insert program name here) had encountered a problem and needs to close.’. I wasn’t able to deactivate it as a result, and removed it from my computer. I put the disc back in, and it refused to install properly. The shared components were all that made it.

Is the problem that it wasn’t deactivated? If so, how can I do that without the program itself?

Help?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CH
CR_Henderson
Jan 23, 2009
Sarah Modisette:Is the problem that it wasn’t deactivated? If so, how can I do that without the program itself?

It doesn’t sound like a decativation problem–more likely some module or the registry has been corrupted. Did you try the Photoshop CS3 clean script? You can get the script from Adobe. It can remove all traces of PS CS3 from your machine which should allow a re-install to complete successfully.

If you get it installed you may still need to go through Adobe Customer Support to get it activated. You are allowed two activated installations. If this is your only installation then the activation may proceed without problem. If it isn’t the first then you will likely have to call ACS and let them know of the difficulties–Adobe Support is the only group that can help with activation issues.
SM
Sarah_Modisette
Jan 23, 2009
I tried using the cs3 clean script, but I still ran into the same problem. All that got successfully installed are the shared components. I don’t have any idea what could be causing this- the second my computer was working again, I installed Norton Internet Security 2009, so I know it isn’t a virus problem, and I’m fairly sure it’s not my computer causing the problem either. Could it be the disc?
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 23, 2009
I installed Norton Internet Security 2009, so I know it isn’t a virus problem

It could be that Norton is interfering.

Disable it temporarily and try again. If you are worried about nasties, disconnect from the Internet first.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 23, 2009
what john said… turn off norton temporarily, then re-run the clean script at several escalating levels.

READ THE INSRTUCTIONS ON THE PAGE BEFORE RUNNING IT!

Using the new CS3Clean Script
< http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 402767&sliceId=2>

after that, try to reinstall.
SM
Sarah_Modisette
Jan 25, 2009
Found the problem.

MsiInstaller keeps halting the installation because of adobe fonts. Something like I don’t have permission to register fonts on my computer.

Also, I did read the instructions before using the cleanscript, and used it at level 1 first, then 2. Didn’t work.

Here’s the error message (had to run event viewer to find it):

Product: Adobe Fonts All — Error 1907.Could not register font . Verify that you have sufficient permissions to install fonts, and that the system supports this font.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections