SH
Posted By
Spenser_hatch
Jan 22, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok so I have Photoshop CS4, and for some crazy reason when I add a Layer mask to a layer, and then try to paint with black to "erase" a portion of the image, it DOES erase, BUT not fully! It is as if the transparency is set to like 95%, and I can still see a very light semi transparent ghosted portion of the image. It’s as if it is not fully hiding the pixels. I have checked and I definitely have the opacity of the brush set to 100% and I am using black and not a shade of grey. Any ideas?? I’ve tried turning off the open gl and restarting Photoshop to no avail. And i have also rest the preference file by holding ctl,alt,shift when starting PS.

ALSO… another issues is that when i choose a brush to paint with, if i use the [] bracket keys to increase the size of the brush, at some point About 75% of the brush just disappears! I can still paint with it, and it paints fine, but the "preview" circle that shows the size of the brush is only showing the top left corner! weird stuff. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and here is the info on my video card and OS.

Windows XP 32bit
Nvidia Geforce Go 7900 GTX driver version: 7.15.11.7532 (just updated driver yesterday)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
John Joslin
Jan 22, 2009
Spenser

Are you going to keep telling us about this until the problem is fixed?

Did you read all the thread I linked to in one of your other posts on this subject?
SH
Spenser_hatch
Jan 22, 2009
Nope josh i didnt see anything you linked in my post. This is my first post in the adobe forums so sorry if i’ve offened you
SH
Spenser_hatch
Jan 22, 2009
Sorry, i mistyped your name also! sorry. I didnt see anywhere that you linked to my post, if i had seen that then obviously i wouldnt have posted multiple threads.
O
Ozzwoman9
Jan 22, 2009
"This is my first post in the adobe forums so sorry if i’ve offened you"

Perhaps you should click on your name above and read the other hundreds of replies you have received.
DE
David_E_Crawford
Jan 22, 2009
🙂
B
BJNicholls
Jan 23, 2009
It’s so nice to see the forum patrol is more interested in putting the screws to a visitor than actually providing assistance.
DE
David_E_Crawford
Jan 23, 2009
Spenser,

Try this laptop site

<http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/>
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 23, 2009
It’s so nice to see the forum patrol is more interested in putting the screws to a visitor than actually providing assistance.

What’s that all about?

As far as I can see everyone was trying to help. If he posts his question in so many threads it just hacks people off trying to keep up.
V
Vitaman33
Jan 28, 2009
I am having the same issue. I do not see where a link is to the solution. Would someone please help me out with this.
Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections