DE
Posted By
Dave_Evanson
Jan 20, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just installed a Spyder 3 Pro on my PC and couldn’t find any uninstall for Adobe Gamma. The PC is running XP Pro (32 bit SP3) and I have CS4 and CS2 installed.

To remove Adobe Gamma I took the following steps after I had installed the Spyder software but before calibrating:
1. Removed the shortcuts to Adobe Gamma and Adobe Gamma Loader from the start-up folder.
2. Removed Adobe Gamma Loader.exe and Adobe Gamma.cpl from the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration.

There didn’t appear to be any remove feature in the control panel, but the Gamma control panel now doesn’t appear in the control panel and the PC reboots without any errors.

Was this the correct procedure or was there a better way to do it?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 20, 2009
Was this the correct procedure or was there a better way to do it?

just removing the loader from the startup would have been fine.
DE
Dave_Evanson
Jan 20, 2009
Thanks – I wasn’t sure if there was anything to clean out in the registry, but as it all appears to be working its probably best left alone.

The calibration was close to what I had achieved with Adobe Gamma, but a little less saturated. This probably explains why prints usually came out less saturated than I was expecting – the grey scale calibration was much better than I had achieved by eye.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections