DC
Posted By
d_cole
Jan 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
From what I have read I think that I should be able to use as a source for the Art History brush any snapshot I have taken of an earlier layer. But when I tick the left hand box (ie put the Art History icon there)to make a snapshot active and then put the mouse cursor over the top layer of the image, I get an error message saying "Could not use the art history brush because the history state lacks a corresponding layer". But I can paint into it (the top layer) using the original image (with the art history brush icon next to it). In other words, I cannot use the art history brush with any snapshot as source.

What I am trying to do is have available two or three layers with different retouching treatments of the same image as snapshots so that I can paint them in to a new blank, but color filled, top layer. So, I want to have for example, a layer with little detail, another with lots of detail and another with increased color saturation and be able to add these by art histor brush into the blank top layer (which is filled with a background color).

I thought this should be possible. At the moment all I can use is the original image as an art history source.

I’m using CS4.

Grateful for a little light in my darkness. Thanks.

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MP
MikeShaw_PSQE
Jan 16, 2009
Hold down the option key when you create the snapshot and select Current Layer in the popup
DC
d_cole
Jan 16, 2009
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I had nearly given up hope of working this out and there was no mention of the solution in anything I have read about the AHB and Snapshots.

On a PC, Alt is the the key.

Much obliged.

David

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections