KK
Posted By
Karla_Kraus
Jan 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My computer is custom-built. I have a 450 gig hard drive with oodles of ram and am using the latest PS; my operating system is XPPro, sp 3.

I create slide shows with music in Proshow Producer and generate them as exe files, which I really adore. I’m looking for a format to convert the same Proshow Producer file or its exe child for viewing on a mac that is as good as an exe file, but I just don’t see it. A Flash file does not measure up to an exe file, and the various mpegs do not allow one to control showing.

Someone recently mentioned something called an etf, which translates into Enigma Transfer File. Does anyone know anything about it or some other file format that I might use?

Thanks,
Karla

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
Jim_Jordan
Jan 15, 2009
An EXE file is a program. It is not a media format. That EXE file is simply a player application that is playing a video file, or animating individual JPG files.

If you configure it right, a SWF file can look as good as any other slide show.
KK
Karla_Kraus
Jan 19, 2009
So sorry, where was my head, you are quite right, an exe file is a program. The program that I use is Proshow Producer, and the slide show that I generate is in its basic format, with the label psh. Proshow Producer is MUCH easier to work with than Flash, and it’s possible to create a Flash file from a psh file. The problem is that I do not like the resultant Flash file, and there are very few other choices that I know of to generate a file that can open both on a mac and a pc.

BTW, nearby me is a university library that has a room where one can see image files on a high-end pc and a high-end mac almost side by side, a real blessing for the particular job I had.

So what is an Enigma Transfer File, do you know?
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Jan 19, 2009
Someone recently mentioned something called an etf

Can you ask that ‘someone’ that mentioned this? Are they a composer? ETF is like MIME encoding. Are you sure they did not mean the graphic EPS format (pronounced similarly by those with a speech impediment but still the wrong format)?

the various mpegs do not allow one to control showing

If you can further explain this, we may be able to offer advice.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections