GW
Posted By
Gabrielle_Waters
Jan 13, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS1. When I go to write in text, I click and I get a tiny square, then I begin typing. Unfortunately, the text is so small, it doesn’t show up.

It’s got nothing to do with the font color, size, position, opacity, etc, as I’ve already looked into it, so please do not suggest that to me.

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 13, 2009

1) check for resolution. If it is a number lower than 10, type will act wonky.

2) however, I think your problem is that you are clicking, dragging a pixel or two, and then releasing the mouse. This puts you into paragraph mode, with the paragraph narrower than a single character, so nothing can be displayed. Test this by actually clicking and dragging a wide rectangle for text. If it works correctly, then this is your problem. Fixing it to be able to use clickable text is harder though. You could fool with your mouse settings to delay the double click rate, or just practice your clicks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections