BI
Posted By
Boyd_Ivey
Jan 9, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using Photoshop CS3 for awhile and printing fine. I just updated my print driver (Epson 3800 to version 6.5) as well as my graphics driver (NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT)at the same time. After rebooting I cannot click on the Print menu selection to print. IE: When I click on Menu the Print option is greyed and not selectable. Print as well as Page Setup, and Print One Copy are all greyed out (not selectable). I rolled back my graphic driver and rebooted and it still doesn’t work. I then upgraded my driver again and it doesn’t work. I’ve opened jpg’s as well as psd files and no matter what file I open the Print menu’s are greyed out. I can print from Word and other programs. I also reset my preferences (con-alt-shift) and still can’t select print. I’ve done everything but uninstall. I’m hoping not to do that. My computer is on: Vista Ultimate 32 bit SP1, 4gb ram. In addition to updating the print driver and graphics driver I updated: Ultimate Extra Sounds, Group Policy Preference Client Side Extensions, Samsung CLP-310 Printer driver, and Microsoft Tinker.

Thanks,

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CF
chris_farrell
Jan 10, 2009
I have only had that on my 3800 ( great printer BTW ) when I make files that are above what the printer can print. Usually a .psb format.

It should work with small jpeg etc. Is the 3800 the default printer in the o/S settings?….(long shot)
BI
Boyd_Ivey
Jan 10, 2009
I just tried a 50k jpg file and the print menus are still not selectable and greyed out. I guess I’ll uninstall CS3 and reinstall, but I don’t think that will make a difference. I might try a differenct graphics card as well.
CF
chris_farrell
Jan 10, 2009
Does you O/S recognize the printer?

It could be a usb issue…
O
OldBob
Jan 12, 2009
Before you re-install, have you tried deleting you prefs (per the FAQ)?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections