JM
Posted By
Jason_Messer
Jan 6, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed the CS3 Master Collection that included Photoshop CS3 Extended. I’ve used Photoshop for going on a decade and I find the CTRL+ALT+I keyboard shortcut really handly to pop open the Image Size window.

Now, in this new version (don’t after a clean format, reinstall of my XP OS) the shortcut no longer works. I check and it still has CTRL+ALT+I listed next to the Image Size menu, but it does not work.

Anyone having this issue?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John Joslin
Jan 6, 2009
You can always right-click on the image title bar.
JM
Jason_Messer
Jan 7, 2009
Yes, I’m sure there is a work around but this is obviously an issue I’m having with my system. I would prefer to resolve any issues where my software is not functioning properly.
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 7, 2009
Have you tried resetting your preferences as described in the FAQ.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.

This resets all settings in Photoshop to factory defaults.

A complete uninstall/re-install will not affect the preferences and a corrupt file there may be causing the problem.
JM
Jason_Messer
Jan 8, 2009
I tried resetting the preferences but to no avail.

I’m avoiding having to do an uninstall/reinstall like the plague so If I can find what’s causing it and fix it manually that would be preferred.

I have thought about running the Adobe updater but I’m concerned that it may cause more problems that it would fix (as this has happed to me before with other apps). Everything else works great and this is the only issue I’ve noticed.

Does anyone know if the update for Photoshop CS3 Extended addressed his issue (or knows of another cause that might be behind it)?
JM
Jason_Messer
Jan 9, 2009
UPDATE:

I have also recently tried creating custom Keyboard Shortcuts and applying the "Working with Text" set of Keyboard Shortcuts from the "Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts" menu, but still no luck.

Alt+Ctrl+C seems to work fine for selecting the canvas, as does all my other other shortcuts (IE: Ctrl+N for new canvas, Ctrl+A to select, etc…).

It seems the Alt+Ctrl+I is the only thing giving me an issue.
JM
Jason_Messer
Feb 9, 2009
* Bump

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections