K
Posted By
kantori
Jan 5, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
it’s been a couple of days since i tried out Photoshop CS4 and Dreamweaver CS4 to see how they compare to the CS3 versions, it worked fine and all till suddenly it stopped working, so i been trying to uninstall/reinstall to get it working under the free trial limit i still have left (27 days as of this writing) it still will not work.

Sometimes i would install Photoshop/Dreamweaver and say an error occurred and some components were unable to install and would be unable to load the file even after doing what the instructions say…

Same goes for when i try to uninstall both Photoshop/Dreamweaver, i would try to uninstall and would still remain in my program files…

I am completely stumped on what to do, i can’t even re-install photoshop/dreamweaver cs3 as well due to this…

I am running on Vista 32bit SP1 Pack on HP Pavilion, i want to completely get rid of CS4 versions and go back to my reliable CS3 again, any help please would be greatly appreciated.

Kantori

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Jan 5, 2009
Run the CS4 Clean Utility found on the support pages. It will unregister your programs from the installer database. After that, you can simply delete any folders on the disk. It also provides this option for your CS3 tools, so you can fully re-install them. Just to be on the safe side, you should de-activate your apps before doing all this. You can always re-activate once you’re done.

Mylenium
K
kantori
Jan 6, 2009
did what was suggested, worked like a charm for the CS3 and Dreamweaver CS4 but although it did work on Photoshop CS4. it did something i was dumbfounded to see, it did something odd in which it took out the Uninstall/Change tab option for removing programs (I was viewing it to see if it uninstalled completely) also it brought out a bunch of programs that weren’t in that section before and was unable to uninstall/remove them.

So i had to do a system restore point to go back and try again. After doing it two more times (ya two!) still doesn’t work, i am 7 hours into trying to resolve this… sigh.

Another thing i forgot to note on my first post is that I can’t even deactivate both Photoshop/Dreamweaver CS4 because on the trial/serial window for some reason shows 30 days when it should be 26/27 days left also when i chose this option the very next window says there was a problem with the free trial and can’t go any further forcing me to close the program once again…

So i am guessing I have to reformat my PC (wish i could afford a mac) due to this annoyance, thxs so much Mylenium for the advice on ridding CS3 off my PC along with Dreamweaver CS4, only hoped it would of done the same with Photoshop CS4… 🙁

Sigh…

kantori
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 6, 2009
only hoped it would of done the same with Photoshop CS4…

It should have done!

Run it a few times.
K
kantori
Jan 6, 2009
John… if you read what I said you would of caught that i did do it:

"did what was suggested, worked like a charm for the CS3 and Dreamweaver CS4 but although it did work on Photoshop CS4. it did something i was dumbfounded to see, it did something odd in which it took out the Uninstall/Change tab option for removing programs (I was viewing it to see if it uninstalled completely) also it brought out a bunch of programs that weren’t in that section before and was unable to uninstall/remove them.

So i had to do a system restore point to go back and try again. After doing it two more times (ya two!) still doesn’t work, i am 7 hours into trying to resolve this… sigh. "

At that time i said i had done it 2 times, 3 in total, i am on try #6 all with the same results with the exact after effects once i restart my PC.

Here’s what it does to tell what goes on:

1) after installing microsoft’s cleaner then opening up the cs4 cleaner under admin, it does its thing, it asks me if i wish to remove Flash Player 10 after choosing remove Photoshop CS4, now here i done both remove Flash Player and not remove it with the same results, losing the uninstall/change option on the control panel, which frustrates me.

2) After seeing that i try to install Photoshop CS4 again, once its done, i open it up, try to go to the trial option where as i stated previously says there’s an error and can’t open the trial page which would open up Photoshop completely but since it can’t i cannot go beyond that window.

3) So ya… i try ONCE again to do it all over after restarting and SAMETHING! no uninstall/change option appearing and unable to open up Photoshop CS4 in which i resort to doing a system restore again and trying once more.

NOW, one would think that after the first 3 times it should be working properly, i mean I thought it would after removing both Photoshop CS3 and Dreamweaver CS4 it’s bound to do the same for Photoshop CS4, but it doesn’t completely create a "FREASH" install. It’s like it still remembers what messed up functions it still had and what’s up with it removing the uninstall/change option? that just bogles my mind.

tried many things, re-downloading the trial from adobe, etc i never would of thought just one program could cost me so much wasted time just to get it working and it’s a free trial nonetheless so excuse me John Joslin if your remark kind of bugs me, I need some assistance/advice on trying to correct this problem, not a

"It should have done!

Run it a few times. "

comment that’s already common knowledge for me in what I have already been doing long before your post.
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 6, 2009
Sorry.

Owing to the complicated sequence of events I found your posts difficult to follow.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections