MM
Posted By
Mike_Morrell
Jan 4, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am not sure if this is a change in CS4 or something that I am doing incorrectly. But when I run Bridge CS4 < Photoshop < Image Processor (running an action that I have been running since CS2) the files do not close in photoshop after running the action. In all prior versions of PSCS#, photoshop closed the file after finishing the action. The files all save properly. But having hundreds of files opened inside of photoshop causes the scratch disk to go low and slows everything down.

What am I doing wrong?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DN
David_Nicol
Jan 5, 2009
I haven’t experienced that problem. But a related annoying problem with batch actions in CS4 is that if I minimize Photoshop while a batch action is running, the program interface minimizes, but the images open and close on the desktop still. In prior versions of PS, I could minimize the program and the batch action would go on in the background, invisible to me, while I could do other tasks. But now, when I run a batch to convert over 1000 files, each one pops open on the desktop, in front of any other open app’s windows. It then closes and the next one opens, etc. Which means my computer is unusableduring any batch command.

Very annoying! How could the QA and beta testers have not noticed this?
PZ
Ping Zheng
Jan 5, 2009
Hi David,
There is a workaround for you:
On Mac, you can select Windows > Application Frame, then run batch, the application can be minimized
On my Windows, the whole application can be minimized.
DN
David_Nicol
Jan 5, 2009
I’m using Windows on a PC. I actually reported this as a bug, and one of the engineers confirmed it as a bug. So apparently they were able to reproduce the problem. I’m waiting with baited breath for a fix, since I run batch conversions frequently on thousands of files at a time.
MM
Mike_Morrell
Jan 5, 2009
David, which bug did you report to Adobe? Was it the bug that the thread was started for or your bug?

Its confusing when a thread specific to one very particular problem is taken over by another issue entirely. If you are going to tell people that Adobe is aware of the problem and it is not the problem that the thread was started about and titled, you should either start your own thread or reiterate the specific bug when talk about it.

Thank you.
DN
David_Nicol
Jan 7, 2009
Sorry, Mike. I reported to Adobe the bug I discovered. My apologies if I somehow hijacked your thread. But it seems to me that the problem I experience is rather similar to yours, even if it isn’t identical. Just like the very very long threads on this forum about performance issues related to OGL. Not everyone experiences the identical symptoms, but all seem (at this point) to have common cause. I suggest you make an official bug report. Clearly there have been some changes to batch actions in PS, and possibly our two problems are two sides of the same coin.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections