AA
Posted By
adrian_andika
Dec 31, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
i’m having a problem with my photoshop extended cs4, it doesn’t refresh by turning layers on and off, as well as undo and redo (can’t see changes directly, have to click somewhere on the image before refresh)

tried to update my video drivers but still no luck, btw my gfx is ati radeon x1400 mobile (lenovo t60), i tried to turn it Enable OpenGL Drawing on, but by so, it causes my image to be broken (square everywhere), so i turn it off.

anyone with the same problem here? adobe please release a fix for this.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
Mylenium
Dec 31, 2008
This is a known issue with some graphics drivers, so you should start to find a suitable graphics driver first. Apparently this issue seems to have been fixed for NVidia cards. I’m not aware about the status for ATI cards/ chipsets, though.

Mylenium
JK
jason_kaplan
Jan 8, 2009
I’m running on a Mac Pro with a NVidia 7300 GT and I’m having this problem to the point that it is making Photoshop unusable. The driver appears to be the most current — I’m using Os X 10.4.11 — Is there a patch for this issue? I have not been able to find one.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 8, 2009
I don’t remember seeing Windows 10.4.11

🙂
AA
adrian_andika
Jan 9, 2009
ati doesn’t support their mobile gfx anymore. and last version released by lenovo doesn’t fix this problem (sometime in 2007). i’m very disappointed with ati.
DH
Doug_Hansgate
Jan 10, 2009
I was having a similar problem with refreshing the display and the latest driver from ATI for Radeon 1600x card did fix the problem so give it a try.
AA
adrian_andika
Jan 12, 2009
Doug, what version of ati driver was it? ATI has stopped supporting their mobility radeon line drivers. can’t get latest version from ati.

Can adobe fix this as well? last CS3 version does not require any gfx capability. Just give an option to enable or disable gfx.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 13, 2009
Adrian – look in the preferences.
AA
adrian_andika
Jan 13, 2009
Chris, I disabled it already. but still… doesn’t solve the problem
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 13, 2009
The only thing we know preventing redraws is driver problems related to OpenGL (and/or DirectX updates).

If you disabled GL/GPU drawing and reopened the documents — they should be drawing correctly.

You may have other software conflicting, or other driver issues.
DE
David_E_Crawford
Jan 13, 2009
Adrian,
Here is a link for a updated mobility drivers 8.11. your card is listed. I would do a restore point before you install. Also go to microsoft download area and update to the December 2008 directx.

<http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/mobility-xp.html>
DE
David_E_Crawford
Jan 13, 2009
Adrian,
Also check the laptop for dust in the cooling fan area and where the cooling area snakes over the processor and GPU. The redraw problem can be caused by over heating. Since PS CS4 uses the GPU: cooling is worth a look at.
AA
adrian_andika
Jan 14, 2009
thanks David, I updated the driver, clean everything, but still no luck.
CL
Christopher Lau
Jan 22, 2009
I am having the same problem as Adrian does. The thing is I’m using Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 and updated the driver. I have also reinstalled CS4, turned off OpenGL, and have tried everything but still it doesn’t work. This problem occurred about a month ago but i didn’t notice anything different before and after the occurrence of the problem. Please help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections