SK
Posted By
Stefan_Klein
Dec 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I`m zoomed in into a picture and do a birdseye-view (by pressing the "H"-key and holding down the mouse button)to zoom out, the image (or most parts of the image) gets extremely blurry. This starts to happen with pictures that are bigger than 18000×12000 pixels and if I have more layers it sometimes happens with smaller pics as well.
What`s also very annoying is the following fact:
Lets assume I`m zoomed in and do some retouching. When I now do a birds-eye view and zoom out, I see the unretouched picture! Sometimes it updates as I move the rectangle of the birds-eye view around. But only sometimes!
So if I`m retouching some dust spots in a zoomed-in view and want to see wether I forgot some other spots, then birds-eye view is useless, because I even see the spots that I already retouched. This also happens with small pictures. I just watched Bert Monroy`s new show at <http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/>
where John Nack demonstrated birds-eye view with a picture of 29000px width and it was not blurry at all in birds-eye mode.
I`m on Vista32 with a Geforce 8600GT with 512MB of VideoRam and 4GB RAM.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Dec 30, 2008
I’m not seeing the blurriness, but I do intermittently get the non-update of cached preview blocks when zooming out as you describe.

I do see anti-aliasing when zooming out, which has been referred to before as ‘horrible blurriness’ on this list 🙂

Nvidia 8800 GTX, latest drivers, Vista Ultimate 32bit

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections