BH
Posted By
Bill_Heuermann
Dec 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have reinstalled my operating system twice, after complete format, and both times when I have tried to install Photoshop 7.0 I get an error message; "Component Move Data Error Info, Media name: Data, Component: App-Photoshop, File Group: App-PS, File: photoshop.exe, Error Number: -106 (refer to online help)" which prevents me from reinstalling Photoshop 7.0!

I tried installing on another computer in my house, and the installation was flawless. I am having no problems reinstalling my other programs. On the 2nd of the above re-installs, I did it in the safe mode after deleting all the *.tmp files (and others) as recommended in a forum with Photoshop 7.1 update.

I have requested technical support from Adobe using their online system. I’m supposed to receive a response within 24 hours. I’ve used this system once before for Adobe Premiere Pro, and got good results, so hope I will again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 29, 2008
clear out your temp folder and try again…
BK
BJ_Kaufman
Jan 30, 2009
I just now have the same problem. Was this issue ever resolved? I’ve Googled the problem and there seems to be alot of this when trying to re-install 7.0. I need some help.
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 30, 2009
clear out your temp folder and try again…

That’s what he did!

What OS are we talking about here?
BH
Bill_Heuermann
Jan 31, 2009
When my copy would install on other computers, I figured it had to be the CD, or the way that CD interacted with my computer, despite the fact that I have two Pioneer burners (DVR-110D and DVR-111D) which operate perfectly. So I made a copy of it on another computer, and the new CD installed OK on mine. It really remains a mystery why that worked with me as it defies logic, but you might try installing your CD on another computer and see if you have the same problem, and if so, try my solution. Good luck.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections