OM
Posted By
Orrice_Magee
Dec 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is really weird… I think this is the first time I ever heard of this kind of problem. I just installed Photoshop CS2 and everything seems to work fine instead of the text tool. When I try to use it there is an error message that pops up saying: "Could not complete your request because something prevented the text engine from being intialized."

Whats even more weird is that it allows me to drag out a very small text box (so small no text can be fit in it). After that, I can resize the box, and I try to type in it but the cursor doesn’t change and I can’t type in the text box. And sometimes another error message may appear saying a program error occured.

I even tried re-installing the software, and still no success.

I am using Windows Vista Home Edition Premium, anyone can help me I will be greatly appreactive!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John Joslin
Dec 28, 2008
Try resetting your text tool from the drop-down menu in the character palette. If that doesn’t help reset your preferences as described in the FAQ.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.

This resets all settings in Photoshop to factory defaults.

A complete uninstall/re-install will not affect the preferences and a corrupt file there may be causing the problem.
BL
Bob Levine
Dec 28, 2008
You should also note the CS2 is unsupported under Vista. Most people have had no problems, however.

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections