KA
Posted By
Ken_Alan
Dec 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Adobe instructs to install CS4 upgrade on top of CS3 in order to get varification. I understand that it is possible to fully uninstall CS3 prior to CS4 without problems if you have the old SN. Is there any advantage or disadvandage of upgrading this way?
–Ken

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
John Joslin
Dec 19, 2008
You may find you need to use CS3 for some aspects until You are comfortable with CS4. Most keep an earlier version on disk for a bit.

If CS3 has gone already it doesn’t matter. Apart from the above there are no advantages in either method.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 19, 2008
just to be clear, "on top of" doesn’t mean in the same folder. by default they each install in separate folders. leave the default. don’t install into the same folders as cs3 as you’ll have no end of problems.
KA
Ken_Alan
Dec 19, 2008
John & David–
Many thanks for your speedy replies and help. You have answered my questions perfectly. –Ken
DC
David_Calvert
Dec 19, 2008
I would keep CS3 installed on your PC if I were you – just in case. Since I installed CS4, I’ve gone back to using CS3, due to CS4’s sluggish performance that I and many other people are experiencing.

I’ll go back to CS4 when the bug fix comes out…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections