Posted By
Barry
Oct 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I’m thinking of buying myself a new graphics tablet as my old serial wacoms a bit old and knackered now.

I want to stay with wacom but cant decide between the graphire or the intuos. Apart from the massive difference in prices can anyone out there tell me what the other major differences are between these tablets?

Included softwares not really important to me as im quite happy with my copy of photoshop and painter already.

While I’m at it does anyone out there know of any good retailers in the UK?

Barry

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
n8 skow
Oct 26, 2003
http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/differences.cfm

n8

Hi

I’m thinking of buying myself a new graphics tablet as my old serial wacoms a bit old and knackered now.

I want to stay with wacom but cant decide between the graphire or the intuos. Apart from the massive difference in prices can anyone out there tell me what the other major differences are between these tablets?

Included softwares not really important to me as im quite happy with my copy of photoshop and painter already.

Barry
H
Hecate
Oct 27, 2003
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:43:40 +0000 (UTC), Barry
wrote:

Hi

Read the notes at the URL given to you above than go to the following and compare prices:

www.dabs.com
www.pcworld.co.uk (don’t laugh, sometimes their web site has good deals)
www.simply.co.uk

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui
B
Barry
Oct 27, 2003
Thanks for the info guys 🙂

Anyone know anything about wacom resellers in the UK though?
H
Hecate
Oct 28, 2003
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:18:58 +0000 (UTC), Barry
wrote:

Thanks for the info guys 🙂

Anyone know anything about wacom resellers in the UK though?

Um, the URLs I gave were for the UK.

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui
R
Richard
Oct 29, 2003
I have intuos2 6×8. I definitely recommend a 6×8. It’s the perfect size for me. I don’t know that I would recommend the intuos2 over the graphire line. I can’t compare with regards to levels of sensitivity, but I never use the programmable menu strip. The pen is a great size, though, and the graphire gives you this skinny little pencil.

If I had to do it over again, I would have gotten a Graphire.

But, really, you won’t regret your purchase either way. There is simply no comparison between a mouse and a tablet for digital photo work.

RS

"Barry" wrote in message
Hi

Barry
R
Richard
Oct 29, 2003
actually, there is one other major difference — intuos gives you photoshop elements 2.0, and graphire gives you 1.0. 2.0 costs about US $70-80, and it’s pretty slick (unless you already have PS or PSP).

"Barry" wrote in message
Hi

Barry
J
john
Oct 30, 2003
but what is the difference between graphire 2 and 3 ??

mostly strangely the website is silent on why they introduce graphire 3 ?

"Richard" wrote in message
actually, there is one other major difference — intuos gives you
photoshop
elements 2.0, and graphire gives you 1.0. 2.0 costs about US $70-80, and it’s pretty slick (unless you already have PS or PSP).

"Barry" wrote in message
Hi

Barry

H
Hecate
Oct 30, 2003
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:08:16 -0500, "Richard"
wrote:

actually, there is one other major difference — intuos gives you photoshop elements 2.0, and graphire gives you 1.0. 2.0 costs about US $70-80, and it’s pretty slick (unless you already have PS or PSP).
Graphire 3 gives you 2.0 🙂

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui
H
Hecate
Oct 31, 2003
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:36:26 +0800, wrote:

but what is the difference between graphire 2 and 3 ??

mostly strangely the website is silent on why they introduce graphire 3 ?
Apart from the fact that there’s now an A5 version as well as an A6?

Check out http://www.my-graphire.com

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections