CB
Posted By
Colm Boran
Dec 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The hard drive on my laptop is performing erratically and CHKDSK can’t fix it, so it’s time for a new drive. In preparation for the new drive, I tried to transfer activation of Photoshop CS2. I get the following error dialogue box message:

"The application or DLL C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Activation\en_US\almuirsc.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

The only choice for this box is to click the OK button. When I do, I get the following message:

"Sorry, a serious error has been detected. To continue using Adobe Photoshop, please reinstall the appliation."

Any thoughts on what to do? Perhaps try re-installing and hoping that I can then use the Transfer Activation feature properly?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
Dec 4, 2008
I wouldn’t even worry about it. Get the new drive, install CS2 and try to activate it. If it’s denied call Adobe and explain the crashed drive. They’ll get you running again.

Bob
CB
Colm Boran
Dec 4, 2008
" … call Adobe and explain …".

Can you please provide the the number I can call and speak to someone at Adobe about this?
BL
Bob Levine
Dec 4, 2008
If you’re denied activation the number will appear on your screen. Stop worrying about and cross the bridge when you get to it.

Bob
JT
John_T_Smith
Dec 4, 2008
In the US – Adobe General support 800-833-6687
In the US – Adobe Install Problems 800-642-3623

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections