Part of my text dissappears after clicking the checkmark to set it in??

CL
Posted By
cara_leonard
Dec 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been having a hard time trying to figure out why some of my text is disappearing. I am using Photoshop 6.0 and have never had a problem with it. Even up to 2 days ago it was working perfectly. The problem is, if I open a text box, enter my text, then click the checkmark to finish it off, some of the text disappears. It looks as if there is a box ontop of it because it will even cut a letter in half– but the canvas is clean??? It just seems as if I pushed a button to indicate a "margin" of some sort…but can’t figure it out, and the "cutting off of text" is not consistent in where it’s done. I hope this explains it well. It is very frustrating and would love some help!! Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 2, 2008
sounds like it’s overflowing the text box. try just clicking in the layer and typing instead of dragging out a text box.
CL
cara_leonard
Dec 2, 2008
well I know that it’s not an overflow problem- my whole word is there when I type it out, then part of it disappears when I’m done. Even if I stretch it off the canvas it will do the same???? very strange…any other suggestions??
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 2, 2008
reset the text tool, if that doesn’t work, reset the app preferences.
CL
cara_leonard
Dec 2, 2008
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! You just made my night….I’m not sure what happened still, but resetting the text tool did the trick. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me! I really appreciate it.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 2, 2008
no problem cara. you’re welcome. 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections