AR
Posted By
Allen_Rbrts
Nov 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have CS4 on a Windows platform, as a trial. I wanted to see if the printing issues that keep me from using CS3 in production were solved before I bought it.

Pretty much right out of the chute, I ran into problems. I use actions to get photos formatted to print. The action at the end, it calls Print (in CS2 was called Print with Preview). This Print step is done with modal control to allow different printers or settings to selected.

This action works fine in CS2 and in CS3. In CS4, the print comes out as a negative image. I have deleted the step from the action and re-recorded it in CS4, still comes out as an negative. Interestingly, if I use a CS2 Print command (not the new Print Preview version) in the action, then it works fine. The problem is extremely repeatable in different action or to different printers. If I disable the print step in the action and just print it without the action, it works fine.

This to me seems a very repeatable bug.. hopefully it gets on the list to fix.

Allen

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WE
Wolf_Eilers
Nov 30, 2008
Is this is indeed a bug then you might want to contact Adobe in a more direct fashion: Feature Request/Bug Report <http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform>
C
camey
Dec 9, 2008
I’m having the same problem. Print within an action either gives me a print with seriously screwed up color (like a negative as you said) or CS4 crashes completely. Same print command from the menus works fine.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections