M
Posted By
mjs1973
Nov 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running Win Vista 32bit with 3gig of RAM. When trying to use the Auto-Blend feature of CS4 I get an error message that says “Could not Auto-Blend the layers because there is not enough memory (RAM)." The only way I’m able to get this feature to work is if I reduce my image size to less than 1/4 of my original file size. I started with an image that was 4221 pixels wide, and I had to reduce it down to 1000 pixels before the blending feature wold work.

Does anyone know how much RAM this feature needs to work on a full size image? Is there anyway I can set up Vista to allocate more of my RAM to CS4? When I go under preferences > performance, it tells me that I have 1641mb of RAM available. Is there a way I can set this so more of my RAM is allocated to CS4?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Nov 29, 2008
I’m experiencing that same problem intermittently, even with smaller projects. The only solution I’ve found is restaring Photoshop, then often it will work. I suspect theres a mem leak somewhere.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections