Posted By
malojo
Nov 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,
I have a problem here and do not know how to fix it.
I imported a model and started altering the textures. I created textures added layers details and realized at a point that I need to modify my uv coordinates.
So back in my 3d application I did the changes and exported the 3ds file again. Now here is my question. How can I import the updated mesh to my current psd and "tell" it to use the textures I modified before?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Mylenium
Nov 27, 2008
Not that I’m aware of, unfortunately. After the initial import, PS looses all relation to the source file and stores everything internally….

Mylenium
S
Silkrooster
Nov 28, 2008
I don’t have CS4 yet, so I could be way off. From what I have seen each texture is its own psd file(similar to the way smart objects work). You should be able to save out each texture, then reapply them in the new file.
M
malojo
Nov 28, 2008
Hi,
yes saving them and reapply them should work. I thought there might a better way but this will do the task.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections