BC
Posted By
Billy_Carter
Nov 25, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
before i installed the CS4 trial, i uninstalled all previous photoshop versions that were on my computer(cs2,3). but when i open photoshop cs4, it doesnt even start to open. all i get is an error reading "licensing for this product has stopped working" and it says that i must restart my computer before launching, which i did. it’s the same error every time and i dont know how to fix it. i have a windows xp home edition 32 bit.512 Mb of RAM. i tried googling but the only help i found talked about a "FLEXnet" folder which i don t have. so any help would be appreciated. =]
(just please dont say restart ur computer or uninstall and reinstall the program. i know that those wont fix it)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WE
Wolf_Eilers
Nov 26, 2008
How can you possibly do anything useful with only 512 Mb of RAM?

See this: <http://www.adobe.com/go/kb405970>
M
Mylenium
Nov 26, 2008
(just please dont say restart ur computer or uninstall and reinstall the program. i know that those wont fix it)

Not entirely correct. In many cases a uninstall/reinstall will correctly initialize the licensing system. The point here is, that one of your previous uninstalls, most likely of CS3, did not go as planned. You can of course try the tips from the knowledge base first. If they fail, uninstall. In addition, make sure to run the CS3 clean script and CS4 clean utility to get rid of every trace of old and defunct files. Then try another install.

Mylenium

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections