GH
Posted By
Greg_Hanowski
Nov 25, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using the magic wand to select an area I want to replace, then use the patch tool to find pixels to replace it with. It looks good in the preview but when I let go of the mouse, it seems to try and blend what used to be in the selection with the new pixels, rather than just replacing them like I want.

I read where your supposed to include some pixels outside of the area as well so I expanded the selection, but it still does too much blending. Is there any way to just have it replace and not blend?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

F
Freeagent
Nov 25, 2008
blend what used to be in the selection with the new pixels

That’s what the tool does. Try the good old clone stamp instead.
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 25, 2008
The patch tool has its limitations. With practice it can be quite handy in certain situations. As Freeagent says, try the Clone Stamp where the Patch won’t hack it. It’s much improved in CS4 too!
GH
Greg_Hanowski
Nov 25, 2008
Thanks for the Clone Stamp suggestion John and Freeagent. That is working much better.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections