Error of Photoshop CS4 after the installation of the font.

DB
Posted By
Digital.Brain
Nov 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Photoshop Version : CS4

In CS3 version, the program worked well after the addition of the font in Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Fonts folder.

But in CS4, no fonts folder exists in Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/ folder. So I created fonts folder and added the fonts, and then I run photoshop. After all,
The program did not work with error I want to know how to recognize the fonts without the procedure(the installation of fonts) as CS3 version.

Please…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John Joslin
Nov 20, 2008
Install them using the menu in the Control Panel Applet "Fonts". File > Install New Font…

(That’s for Win XP)
DB
Digital.Brain
Nov 20, 2008
John Joslin, thank you but your answer is not suitable to my question.

When the fonts are installed through control panel, the more the number of font are the slower the system is.
But if the installation of the fonts by the shortcut of font file of other drive into common/fonts, the system doesn’t slow down and the font recognizes only photoshop. Can not it in CS4?
M
Mylenium
Nov 20, 2008
Good question. Never really bothered with this mechanism and install all via system. Though I don’t share your view – managing your fonts is your own responsibility and you can use tools like Typograf, FontXPlorer and others to manage them, if there really are that many. They also do not slow down the system in general, only when they are being accessed e.g. to populate the previews in Photoshop or Word. anyway, specific to your problem this may simply be a matter of deleting the Adobe font lists and have them re-created…

Mylenium
DB
Digital.Brain
Nov 21, 2008
Thank you Mylenium
But I did not know how to delete adebe font lists, so I hope that you can tell this.
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 21, 2008
Do a search for and delete all instances of adobefnt*.lst (that extension is .LST).

And if a broken or corrupted font is causing problems there is no alternative in the long run to tracking it down and deleting it.
DB
Digital.Brain
Nov 22, 2008
Thank you John Joslin

so
I searched Adobefnt11.lst file and found it in 3 folder. C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Adobe\Fonts
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport\CMaps Is it necessary to delete this file in three folder?
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 22, 2008
Yes: just files with extension ".lst"; NO OTHERS!
M
Mylenium
Nov 22, 2008
As John said – you can safely delete the list files. They merely contain a few metrics and substitution rules along with a listing of installed fonts and the Adobe Font Engine will rebuild them, if necessary. This will only result in a one-time prolonged startup of whatever Adobe app you use first thereafter.

Mylenium
DB
Digital.Brain
Nov 24, 2008
Thanks.

But after the deletion of files, the problem did not solve.

I deleted Adobefnt11.lst file in three folders as your advice. C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Adobe\Fonts
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport\CMaps

But after the deletion of files, the problem did not solve. I searched Photoshop CS4 manual of Adobe.com and found that it was written that it could access if the fonts were added in Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Font folder. However it doesn’t work in mine.
Why it(errors and end of photoshop by force) happens? I don’t know.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections