SZ
Posted By
sergio zambrano
Nov 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m sorry you are so alone in this matter. Nobody seems to know what they are talking about. There are some posts out there that suggest to go to Filters/Transparency/edit transparency… or so, but there’s no such command on Mac, and I suspect it’s not on PC either.

The solution I use, is to duplicate the layer a few times so the transparent pixels start piling up and giving you some opacity. Repeat that as many times as needed (in theory you should never get 100% because even 99%+99%/2 is still not 100, but you’ll get a point where it’s enough).

Before starting you can save the transparency to use it later, command clicking the layer’s icon to get the layer’s transparency made an active selection and then saving it with Select/save selection… and at the end "load selection…" to retrieve it.

You can make an action duplicating the layer 5-10 times and merging visible (if that’s all you have visible at that point) and then run it as many times as needed.

You can also get used to save/load/making/adding/subtracting/intersecting the selections using click/drag/drop with all the modifier keys options to cover all the interactions between layers/channels/selections/masks/alpha-channels so you can graphically "see" what you are doing instead of saving and retrieving alpha channels using the load/save selection.

Good luck.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections