Posted By
michael_balensiefer
Nov 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi! I bought PS3 Extended last year.
My hard drive shat, and I have now installed PS3 on my new hard drive. Trying to register my product, PS3 says that it is already in use…and I must de-register my old one first! I cannot possibly do this. What to do?

Michael

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Nov 12, 2008
Michael,

Do you perhaps mean Activation? Registration never can stand in the way.

Anyway, Call Adobe helpdesk. They can reset the activation count.

I had this happen a while ago, and calling helped.

Rob
MB
Michael_Brower
Nov 12, 2008
Since you did not de-activate it first, it sees you have used all of your activations. You”ll have to call customer support and explain the situation and see if they will let you activate again.

Michael

wrote in message
Hi! I bought PS3 Extended last year.
My hard drive shat, and I have now installed PS3 on my new hard drive. Trying to register my product, PS3 says that it is already in use…and I must de-register my old one first! I cannot possibly do this. What to do?
Michael
R
Rilla
Nov 16, 2008
The helpdesk (customer service or tech support) can’t reset the number of activations you can have. They can however give you overrides if your HD crashes. When they pull up your activation history they will be able to see how many different machines your product has been activated on, how many times it’s been activated and so on. There is no way to clear the activation history and they can’t authorize more than one activation override at a time. Over time used activations will begin to “drop off” but your activation history is still visible.

-Rilla

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections