A
Posted By
angus
Nov 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
At work we’re about to jump into this whole lenticular (3D / motion) printing business. (You know, like those 3D motion images which came in the Crackerjack Boxes).
The only software out there looks like it was designed in 1995 and is just as easy to use. Then I found a link to www.russellbrown.com where it’s discussed that PS CS4 Extended offers this.
Is there any info out there which discusses this feature in PS Extended. ‘Til now I’ve found nothing which describes it in depth; the features etc. Specifically, how many images can be interlaced, how it works and so on.
This would be a big help in deciding whether to upgrade to Extended or the Standard CS collection.

Thanks muchly!, Angus

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CF
chris_farrell
Nov 12, 2008
That would be good to know….I was thinking about designing a lenticular print and I too noticed that cs4 had a feature for it but I cannot find anything about….the search continues..

If I find out anything I let you know.
A
angus
Nov 12, 2008
Okay, after watching all the tutorials at www.russellbrown.com I know enough that it certainly looks simpler than the standard software out there. However only 3D lenticular is possible and not flip animation lenticular.
My question is … will Flip animation be made available at some point or will we have to wait for CS5? Or a plugin?
AW
Angela_Wu
Nov 18, 2008
I haven’t seen the video yet but that will be great if Photoshop can handle lenticular by itself. Normally we use Photoshop to do the prep work and then use 3rd party software to handle the interlacing.

Flip is actually easier then 3D. You just need to interlace two pictures and then combine them. My guess is you can treat the two pictures as the assets for 3D and let CS4 do the interlacing for you if it can do that.

In case you need to have print them, I found this company does a great job, www.newcyberian.com. This is a dvd duplication company but they also do lenticular printing for the DVD slip covers.
A
angus
Nov 21, 2008
Angela? What 3rd Party software do you use? Would you recommend it? The printing we’ll be doing ourselves, that’s why we need to do the interlacing as well. Would be great if I can make PS do Flip as well.

Cheers, Angus
AW
Angela_Wu
Nov 28, 2008
We use the program call SuperFlip. You can request a fully functional copy of SuperFlip from the <http://www.flipsigns.com/>. We got our copy from them few years ago and it works like a charm since then.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections