D
Posted By
DJC737
Oct 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I view an image on my calibrated monitor, Provit with Spyder, and print the image using PS7 using Epsons or Inkjetmalls profiles for glossy, semigloss or lustre paper the images are nearly identicle to the monitor and I am very pleased with the output. The problem arrises when I shift my Epson 2200 to matte ink. I shift my color management to the profile of choice say Epson’s Enhanced Matte. I go to proof the image using the same profile and the image shifts in color. White areas become tinted with cyan and magenta. If I try to print the image, it looks like what I saw on the monitor with the shifted colors. Even stranger, if I use the Epson Heavy weight matte profile on the Enhanced matte, I get a beautiful correct image. Hahnemuhle William Turner also prints beautifully. BUT ever other matte paper profile from Epson or Inkjetmall will give this color cast that is particularily hard to remove. I have removed every shred of Epsom software including the registry items and reinstalled it all with no luck. I have read everything on Inkjetmalls site on color management plus several other sites and read Harald Johnson’s book, "Mastering Digital Printing" several times cover to cover and can find no setting that is not how they recommend. If anyone has any idea of what to try next, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

XT
xalinai_Two
Oct 24, 2003
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:13:29 -0400, "DJC737"
wrote:

When I view an image on my calibrated monitor, Provit with Spyder, and print the image using PS7 using Epsons or Inkjetmalls profiles for glossy, semigloss or lustre paper the images are nearly identicle to the monitor and I am very pleased with the output. The problem arrises when I shift my Epson 2200 to matte ink. I shift my color management to the profile of choice say Epson’s Enhanced Matte. I go to proof the image using the same profile and the image shifts in color. White areas become tinted with cyan and magenta. If I try to print the image, it looks like what I saw on the monitor with the shifted colors. Even stranger, if I use the Epson Heavy weight matte profile on the Enhanced matte, I get a beautiful correct image. Hahnemuhle William Turner also prints beautifully. BUT ever other matte paper profile from Epson or Inkjetmall will give this color cast that is particularily hard to remove. I have removed every shred of Epsom software including the registry items and reinstalled it all with no luck. I have read everything on Inkjetmalls site on color management plus several other sites and read Harald Johnson’s book, "Mastering Digital Printing" several times cover to cover and can find no setting that is not how they recommend. If anyone has any idea of what to try next, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave

Color calibration includes the combination of ink and paper you use. If you do not want to set up your own profile but found that some existing profile that has a different name gives you the images you want, why not use it?

Maybe those who set up the Epson heavy weight matte profile had a different lot of paper and ink? Maybe Epson issued a new profile after changing ink or paper composition?

I agree that the idea behind naming a profile is that it should match the paper type in the name – but if this doesn’t work for some reason, the names still enable me to remember, the combination I found to work for me.

Michael

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections