Posted By
Mogur203
Nov 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Can I copy my CS3 personal actions to CS4? If so where can I find them.

Thanks,

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Nov 6, 2008
note, i don’t have cs4 yet, so i’m going on what’s happened in the past… open cs3. open the action palette in text mode (not button mode). create a new action set from the icon at the bottom. now drag the custom actions you want to save into the new action set. now click the context menu (little arrow in the upper right corner of the action palette). select "save action set" and give it a name. save it someplace you’ll find it later. like the desktop, or c:\mogursActions (mine are in c:\davescustomphotoshopsettings). while in that context menu, take note of the load actions set option.

now exit cs3 and start cs4. here’s where i’m going to do some assuming… go to the actions palette (okok. panel! ;)) go to the load action set in the context menu and load your actions.

there’s never been a guarantee that actions in one version would work in another, but that’s for another post. load em up and try em out. if you’re lucky, everything will come over.

you can do the same with other custom stuff you have set up in cs3, brushes, swatches, patterns, etc. etc.

good luck, dave
ND
Nick_Decker
Nov 6, 2008
You’re on the money, dave. That’s how I transferred them.
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 6, 2008
thanks for confirming nick! 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections