Posted By
NormskiFOAD
Nov 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

We produce a number of A5 publications and the need has arisen for me to produce each page of each publication as a jpeg (can’t be anything else) for web publication.

As I see it my current options are:

1. During the PDF’ing process from InDesign we produce an individual PDF per page (usually 40 pages per publication and 4 publications) and then batch convert them in PS.

2. We create jpegs from a 40 page PDF, one at a time.

Both are rediculously tedious and time consuming, and we would have to pass this cost onto the customer which I am loathe to do.

I am therefore wandering whether there is a way in PS to set up a batch process where it will open the pdf 40 times, incrementing by 1 page each time and saving that page as a jpeg.

Alternatively, there may be away that I can produce 40 individual PDF’s in one process using Acrobat Pro/InDesign, and then do the batch process in PS.

Both my printer and his own designers and myself have drawn a blank really, so we would greatly appreciate it if anyone has some inspiration.

We are pretty good with the Creative Suite components, but like anything else if it has never occurred to you to do something before, it turns you back into a complete noob.

My thanks to anyone who can help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JM
J_Maloney
Nov 4, 2008

1) What about exporting as JPG from IND?
2) Use a script < http://indesignsecrets.com/page-exporter-utility-peu-5-scrip t-updated-for-cs3.php >
3) Export a multi-page PDF from IND, open in PS at one time (creating 40 files), then action out JPGs in one click
4) IND will export EPS files. Depending on your color workflow, you can export these and then batch process them through PS.

Don’t neglect PNG and GIF for page layout to web. Might be much preferable to JPG.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections