R
Posted By
RonaldGans
Nov 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I assign certain profiles to a tiff file (16/RGB), the image turns blue (or sometimes green) and prints that way, too. My printer is an Epson 2200. When I assign, say, the SP2200 Enhanced type profiles (and others) the color of the image changes dramatically. What am I doing wrong?

RON

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JS
Jeff_Schewe
Nov 4, 2008
When I assign, say, the SP2200 Enhanced type profiles (and others) the color of the image changes dramatically. What am I doing wrong?

You don’t want to "Assign" in that case, you want to "Convert". Assign changes what the numbers mean, convert changes the numbers (which is what you want to do with an output profile).
R
RonaldGans
Nov 4, 2008
Now the image is reddish. This is a tif (350DPI, RGB/16). Looks great on the monitor. Color images print out perfectly, if I choose nothing, i.e., accept all default.

The profile is ColorMatch RGB; destination space is a profile from HahneMuehle, Engine is Adobe (ACE), Intent is Relative Colorimetric. After conversion, the image on screen looks great. When I print, with preview, Color Handling is No Color Management. In the Epson print dialog box, Color Management is Color Controls (1.8 gamma).
RO
Richard_Owens
Nov 4, 2008
Mr Gans,

I think Jeff misunderstood your question.

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to assign a printing profile as your working space. This is a big NO NO. The profiles from Epson and Hahnameuhle are for printing and soft proofing only. They are applied in the Print with Preview dialogue when you are sending the print to the printer.

ColormatchRGB is your working space within PS. Leave that alone, DO NOT assign nor convert this to any printer profile. This is where you are getting the green cast. I followed your workflow you posted here and on LL to duplicate what you are seeing.

I think you need to learn more about color management and workflow. I think this is a good start.

<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps9_colour/ps9_1.htm>

Here is a good tutorial by Ian Lyons on printing. The screenshots are for a Mac but the steps and basic flow is the same for Windows.

<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps9_print/ps9_print_1.htm>

HTH

Rich
R
RonaldGans
Nov 5, 2008
THANKS!!! I knew it was me, just couldn’t figure out why. When I get back home tonight, I’ll try out what you suggest and see if that works (I’m optimistic). I did read Ian Lyon’s tutorial but you know, the devil is in the details and I suspected I was not doing things correctly. He noted that double profiling caused bizarre printing effects, and I thought I had eliminated that. Obviously, I didn’t! I guess I should be thankful it’s just printer output, not neurosurgery.

RON
BL
Bill_Lamp
Nov 6, 2008
I can blush along with you on the error. Also with a 2200, but I did it a couple of years ago so I have seniority!

Bill

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections