cuongvt
Nov 3, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
I would like to clarify some technical items as below:
1) Can I use photoshop SDK to build independent desktop app (not photoshop plugin) to read/write/edit psd file? If yes, is there any license rule I must follow?
2) Can I use photoshop API to build more module to read/write/edit psd file, then use this core module to build complete web-based app with wonderful flex as front-end and that core module is back-end?

If both above 2 items it not capable of implementing, is there another way to build independent desktop app or web-based app for read/write/edit psd file?

Please help me. I need your help.
regards

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Nov 3, 2008
Well, you should be able to build PSD compatible apps based on the old SDK up to v7 just like everyone else. You will just not be able to use any specific stuff that was introduced at a later point. I guess it boils down to what you actually have in mind. I’m sure for an intranet-based service there is some way to get the licensing sorted out, but I doubt you will be able to e.g. build a commercial service on it.

Mylenium

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections