Adobe Photoshop CS4 English Language Pack Error: Error 2.

BW
Posted By
Brent_Watkins
Nov 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve read another post indicating this error upon install of CS4. Many of the factors described do not fit my scenario, so I thought I’d post this again.

Basically, I have Win XP SP3 all updates applied. Minimal services running. No software firewall. Everything installed just fine from Production Premium CS4 EXCEPT Photoshop. Error shown in subject line of this post is issued by installer.

Photoshop won’t boot stating it is missing files from it’s folder.

Wazzup?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BW
Brent_Watkins
Nov 3, 2008
Problem solved. I had CS2 Design installed. I uninstalled CS2 Design and had no problem reinstalling CS4 photoshop.
BK
Bret_Kinney
Feb 23, 2009
LOLWUT?
BL
Brian_Lau
Mar 9, 2009
posted this problem a few days ago but no one seems to be able to know why.

I finally figured it out and I now have CS4 running on my computer.

We cannot have any progams running in the background during installation. Even window update automatic detection is not allowed.

My problem happened when I first installed CS4. A Java upgrade was detected and then mess up my entire installation. Unfortunately, once you failed the istallation, you won’t be able to reinstall CS4 unless and until you clean up the installation with Window Installern Cleanup and the Adobe Script Cleanup Utility program. Restoring your System will not work unless you use the above two (both utility program must be used)programs to clean up the CS4 failed installation.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections